The present organ at St Lawrence Jewry was built by Johannes Klais of Bonn, Germany and installed in 2001. The specification was drawn up in consultation with Catherine Ennis who was, for over thiry five years, the Organist and Director of Music at this church. Details of the specifications can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register here.
The cases of the previous organ, built by Mander in 1957, were re-used along with the addition of the Choir (RP) section added by Klais in 2001. The pipework of the 1957 organ had been derived from second-hand organs available at the time and were not entirely satisfactory.
As a Millennium Project, the Guild Vicar (Revd Prebendary David Burgess) and the Guild Church Council undertook to commission a new organ. Within the two fine oak cases, Klais built two organs playable separately or together from the main console. Each has mechanical key action, with electric draw-stop action. Its specification builds on the spirit of the pre- Blitz organ, including the incorporation of the choir organ on the main gallery.
The project was made possible by the generosity of many individuals, as well as Livery Companies associated with St. Lawrence Jewry, and by the Corporation of London.