St Lawrence has a wonderful organ which was built in 2001 by Johannes Klais Orgelbau, of Bonn, Germany. Details of the specifications can be found here.
The cases of the previous organ were both made by Mander in 1957, with the main organ Choir (RP) added by Klais in 2001. The pipework of 1957 was derived from second-hand organs, not entirely satisfactorily, and the action was causing concern by twenty years later.
As a millennium project, the then Vicar (Revd Prebendary David Burgess) and the Guild Church Council undertook to deal with the problem. Within the two fine oak cases, Klais built two organs playable separately or together from the main console. Each has mechanical key action, with electric draw-stop action. Its specification builds on the spirit of the pre- Blitz organ, including the restitution of the choir organ on the main gallery. Catherine Ennis, the church's Director of Music, was the consultant.
The project was made possible by the generosity of many individuals, as well as Livery Companies associated with St. Lawrence Jewry, and by the Corporation of London.
There are regular organ recitals in the church, overseen by our organist Catherine Ennis. The programme can be found on the Organ page of this web site.